Thursday 27 March 2014

Week 35: NO! Not another Sneeze!!!

Quick Recap: Weight still steady at 160lbs. More fatigued. Back to the sour key craving. Now on meds for my barf burps

Peanut's Progression: All major organs nearly complete. Light hair called lanugo is all gone. Still fattening up.18 inches long. 5.25lbs

Beware The Sneeze!

Seriously! I never thought sneezing could be so terrifying! For my whole life I've been a 3 sneezer. It is super unusual for me to sneeze only once. That little fact makes sneezing that much scarier for me. Why? Bladder Leakage! That's why! At 28 years old, pregnancy has made me a senior citizen. Not only do I roll out of bed like I'm 80, walk slower than people 3 times my age and have to sit with lumbar support but now I also can't seem to clench hard enough to keep things contained while sneezing.

I suppose when I bought my massive pads for post pregnancy I also should have picked up some adult underwear. That satisfaction you feel after a good sneeze is now replaced with the thought of "ah shit, did I dribble?!". Perhaps this is my punishment for being able to still get through an entire night without having to get up to pee. You can't have it all ladies!

Hey Hey! Look at me!! Notice ME!!!

Did someone install a neon sign over my head when I wasn't looking?? Does it happen to say "HEY! Talk to me! Mention my belly! NOTICE ME!"?? Sure feels like it. I literally cannot go anywhere in public without questions now. That being said, everyone has been very kind and non invasive but sometimes I just want to go pick up groceries and not talk about pregnancy. I've been talking about it for 8 1/2 months!

I ran some errands the other day and out of the 3 stores I was in, I received at least 1 comment in each.

Canadian Tire - Sales lady was walking me to find burlap and passed a guy, asked if we were together (super random) he says "no, but I sure hope she has someone". Could you imagine if I didn't have a lovely man to come home to?! I probably would have burst into overly emotional irrational tears!

Walmart - Cashier asks how long I have left. I answer just about a month. Granny behind me says "Oh wow! That much still!?" this makes me chuckle... Especially because I've been about the same size for a solid month now. (ps - she thinks its a girl, and according to her Grandmas are always right)

Fabricland - Some random dude in front of me in line says, "6 months pregnant?" HAHAHAHAHAHA oh god! Yes, because men have even the slightest idea of what a 3 month/6 month/9 month belly looks like. I actually laughed out loud after he said it and replied "oh gosh no, much farther than that thank god!" His wifey, clearly the more intelligent one, laughs and says "that means, get this thing out". The best part about this one was that his comment essentially told me I looked small which is a welcome compliment for me!

Barf Burps Be Gone!

After visiting my doc last week and asking about exactly how many tums I could take in a day he ended up prescribing me something for my raging silent reflux. It's basically Zantac but in prescription form, called Ranitidine. Quite safe for pregnancy and has certainly helped tremendously. I just take 1 in the am and 1 at night. I still very occasionally feel some discomfort but 90% of the time I have no pain at all. And that need to burp all the time!? GONE! Something tells me Steve is happy about that.




No comments:

Post a Comment